Search This Blog

Followers

Sunday, April 29, 2007

Life goes on.....



Birth, childhood, adolescence/teenage, adulthood and so on, all the way to death, life in all its relentless impetus moves ahead, a forward movement that defies all stops and halts in the journey of inhaling and exhaling and we puny humans, believing ourselves to be the master and commanders of our own destinies are caught up in the slipstream of this massive momentum like wisps of fluff….

Life moves despite all that we do to stop its movement, all our prayers, pleadings, heartache’s and all the joys, pleasure, happiness, ecstasy cannot stop this progress.

Well, is it said, that this too shall pass……

This ….. this glorious day with the sun shining and the wind whistling in the eaves of 26 Winton Drive, the warm smell of fresh tea brewed by Jassi, positively dripping with sugar and milk, the funny aroma’s of Jaja’s Chinese cooking, the clean and much rubbed table top, khan attempting industriously to make sense of my rambling notes on an even more rambling subject, Anand too tired to actually study anymore, lounging around and yelling at the rest of us to cut up and dice the bloody cauliflower that he got for a pence at the Sommerfield sale to make aloo-matar-gobi, me with my eternal companion, my beloved D-boy lappy recording all this……this too shall pass…..

So many days, so many seasons…..so much has passed ….. and yet we all go on…..

I went through five years of lawschool and five more years of practice and it all went by in the blink of an eye…….and not a memory that I regret or cherish……

Or maybe, a few too many of both…..

Lived a hundred lifetimes, or so it feels…..and yet each day a new adventure, a new day arisen freshly churned, freshly made, unrepentant and unforgiving….

I had thought I wouldn’t have the strength to smile again, to venture forth again……but the human soul, the relentless heart will not give up, will not admit defeat even when the bitter taste of ashes is still redolent in my mouth…..

And so I live, and I dance and I laugh and I fight and woo and court……

Life goes on……

I once thought I would be enslaved by a set of warm honey coloured eyes for the rest of my life and here I am…..done with penitence, done with repentance…..finding life once again, in a pair of blue cerulean sea foam eyes that look at me with askance for my insane devilry and forgive me at times with a twitch and a pretty blink……a pair of eyes that don’t yet haunt my dreams, but lighten my heart when I see them, a pair of eyes, vulnerable and yet defiant at the world…..ah, pretty eyes, I still fall for you….

They say that this too shall pass……and I have learnt to live in the moment…..to make nimble my feet and my tongue and tie hard my errant heart with the steel chains of remembrances and memory…….to feel the sulky wintry sun and the brisk clamorous wind both together and wish for neither while preparing for either…..

Life goes on…..with promises and offer’s of money, fame and mayhap’s even love and caresses……of whispers of goodnight kisses that still feel soft and inviting and the softer smells of freshly shampooed hair and skin smelling of fragrances and musky undertones….especially when it stays on your skin the next day......

For hands held today are worth a hundred caresses promised for the future and call me a chauvinist for all you are worth, but I have what it takes to be a man and look for a woman, not another man to satisfy my needs, or even for empty words and betrayals for the future…..

I was asked what’s aim, my objective and I found my answer…….maybe a bike, maybe a dog, maybe an open road, maybe someone to ride that road with me……

The answers are simple, as long as you understand the questions asked of you……

And the questions are simple as well, we just make them complex and overly important…

Doesn’t matter where you’ll be employed next, doesn’t matter if tomorrow exists, doesn’t matter what the world thinks of you, doesn’t matter what you think of yourself….

All that matters is what you KNOW of yourself and what you can MAKE of it….

There is no past, and the future can take care of itself…..the present is what that matters….

And if the present contains “kheer” made by boys and fit enough to make the girls salivate…..well, what can I say…..we just rendered another possible weapon useless…..and trust me, 3 liters of milk, 300 grams of rice, assorted nuts, cardamoms, and raisins with ample amounts of sugar and cooked with enough patience, enough beers and enough stirring on a slow flame are enough to render most issues useless and get the bloody female juices flowing….
The way to a modern woman's heart is indeed through judicious use of sugar ...... everywhere !!!

As my aunt says, we’re all fit for marriage or rather unbelievably unfit for marriage, considering our skills within the homes and without…..as much as the antics we all get upto.....

Life does go on……..What we make of this all is always upto us…..

PS

The name’s Jenny….. :D

And this too shall pass.....


No comments: